Wow

Reading It’s Not Misinformation. It’s Amplified Propaganda really goes to show just how much social media can blow things out of proportion. This tends to be a very common thing in the technological age we’re in, especially with platforms like TikTok, Twitter, and Facebook. I do find it very unfortunate that there tends to be a significant lack of credibility across the Web, where most of the information gets wrapped up in politics. It seems as though we’ve shifted into a world where our sense of trust has been placed on the number number of followers, subscribers, likes, retweets, etc. an individual has—all of which may have little to no correlation from the truth.

Wonder

In It’s Not Misinformation. It’s Amplified Propaganda, it was mentioned that there is no single person or organization that bears responsibility for the transmission of amplified propaganda. I wonder, if ever in the future, this will be possible? For now, I do think filtering the content of the Web would open a whole new can of worms and one that would require plenty of resources and potentially new rules and regulations—we definitely have a long ways to go.